Sunday, January 6, 2013

File Find: The 15

I came across this looking for something else and decided to post it here. Boy is it tough not to edit this. I guess at one point I put together my version of The Fifteen, the 15 albums that "fill in the blank"..."you would want on a desert island"; "mean the most to you"; "are your idea of perfect albums". Whatever you want to call it, it is The Fifteen.


The Fifteen

Van Halen II
Sgt. Peppers
Joe’s Garage
Zenyatta Mondatta
Led Zeppelin 3
Physical Graffitti
Abbey Road
Déjà Vu
Aja
Royal Scam
Axis: Bold As Love
The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking
A Farewell to Kings
Odelay
Moving Pictures

The Fifteen of a younger man. Wiser? Perhaps. 

I have been grooving on Wish You Were Here for the last year, that would likely knock something here off today. And Fiona Apple as well. Hard love for Fiona Apple this last year or two. One Size Fits All by Zappa. No Dead up there, hmmm. That's the beauty of The Fifteen though, room enough for a lot but not everything. And Blue or maybe even Hejira would be there now from Joni. And I certainly love Fair Warning, and even Woman and Children First more than VH II, so I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that list above. Fair Warning baby. I have been through Miles Davis and Devon Sproule jags, heavy heavy jags, but they wouldn't cut it. I have been getting into Presence, the ignored Led Zeppelin album and wonder if that will make the list in 2013. My 15 in '13; I will have the wife tell Siri to remind us to make a new 15 in 12/2013 and we can see what has changed. Okay, time to turn off Fiona and go to bed.

No comments: