Saturday, April 12, 2014

More Framed Art- This One Goes in the Main Room!

My wife and family indulge my comic art passion, but that does not mean they want the art throughout the house. I have the downstairs area and have nine pieces framed and on the walls as we speak. But I have also become interested in some art not necessarily from comics but comic related. Strip art for example, for strips I never even read or possibly was not even born yet when they were published.

I am also in the market for some music related art. So when Roger Clark offered a Tim Truman painting used for a concert poster I went all in. Tim Truman did a lot of Grateful Dead related art and that did not stop when Jerry and the Grateful Dead died. Tim designed and painted this poster for a New Year's Eve show by Ratdog, Planet Drum, and Hot Tuna. And not just any New Year's Eve, but the 1999/2000 New Year's Eve. So I bought it, framed it, and it now hangs in the living room. I think it is the star of the room and  now we have to bring our game up a notch design wise to make the room as good as the painting.



My daughter Gail already enjoys showing off the symbols in the painting.

No comments: